Sunday 19 September 2010

Hello London


This is the fourth blog I've started up here, as a quick glance at my profile will confirm. The first documented my year of travelling round the world; the second was to keep track of writing I've had published online as the result of various jobs and internships; and the third charted my experiences as an English teacher in Rome. Now I've finally bitten the bullet, moved back home to London and started a post-graduate course in teacher training...AKA growing up and becoming a "proper" teacher, with a pension, sick-pay etc etc.

My new tutors have promised that this course will be the hardest any of us have ever worked. I've heard alot of horror stories about the rigours of teacher training. To make matters worse, I've left my heart in Italy in the form of my wonderful Italian boyfriend, and am feeling at best ambivalent about being back in the UK, living with my parents and studying again.

So as I embark on a long-distance relationship and an attempt to bring my love for Shakespeare to the teenagers of inner-London, I'll document some of my struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment